VIRTUAL REALITY: AT THE FOREFRONT OF TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES WITH 3D SIMULATIONS TO TREAT ANXIETY, PTSD, OTHER MENTAL HEALTH CONCERNS AND RELAXATION TRAINING
HLCC has teamed up with Psious a Spanish company that offers Virtual Reality (VR) environments to therapists to improve mental health. Their innovative services for mental health is improving the way we deliver mental health care. Psious is one of the pioneering companies in the development of Virtual Reality for therapeutic purposes.
Psious offers immersive 3D simulations designed to treat a variety of mental health conditions. Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy (VRET) is validated by over 20 years of psychological research, proven to improve traditional therapy in a number of ways. However, before the development of the Psious platform, this technology was only available at larger medical institutions or in research settings. HLCC is now able to provide easy access for the public to use this fantastic cutting edge intervention. Virtual reality offers clear benefits for anxiety therapy.
Our clients that have used this platform have already been remarking on how helpful it has been in decreasing their anxiety or even their trauma triggers.
Anxiety disorders, from relatively simple specific fears to complex general anxiety, affect approximately 20% of the population, and are one of the main causes of work and school absenteeism. These disorders affect the quality of life of the patient and tend to worsen if not treated properly. We now have the ability to gradually introduce you to your fears in a controlled and safe setting allowing for more accelerated results.
HLCC offers treatment incorporating virtual reality for a variety of concerns including:
- Fear of Driving in different situations including city streets, freeways, tunnels, and bridges with varying speeds, traffic, and weather conditions
- Fear of Enclosed Spaces (claustrophobia) such as elevators, small rooms, MRI machines and trains
- OCD: hygiene concerns and fear of germs from touching items in a public restroom
- Health Anxiety: worry about diseases such as cancer, high blood pressure or heart attack
- Fear of Flying includes leaving for the airport, waiting in the terminal for your flight, boarding, take-off, landing, sitting in various locations on the plane (aisle, middle, window), flying in various weather conditions including storms and turbulence
- Fear of Heights including tall buildings, glass elevators, and open metal construction elevators
- Fear of MRI machines
- Fear of Public Speaking in front of varying sized audiences from small, medium and large
- Fear of Spiders (arachnophobia)
- Fear of the Dark/Fear of Being Home Alone
- Job Interview Anxiety
- Needle Phobia and fear of injections, blood draws, or finger pricks to measure glucose level
- Social Anxiety in a variety of settings
- Test Anxiety for high school or college exams
- Fear of dogs
- PTSD secondary to sexual violence: fear of being alone with men
- PTSD secondary to motor vehicle accident
- Substance Abuse
Virtual Reality also helps teach mental health tools such as:
- Mindfulness training
- Relaxation training
- Stress management training
These above techniques can help with ADHD, PTSD, insomnia, pain reducation and enhance athletic performance/sports training.
Give us a call to see how VR can help you: ( 847 ) 701 – 4452