On this page you will find links to Dr. Kukla’s articles that have been published in GoodTherapy.org and other sites regarding mental health concerns. In addition, there are links to several media segments and interviews regarding HLCC’s efforts to team up with PAVE to fight sexual violence through our innovative Empowerment Summit and Haley Reinhart’s Benefit Concert.
- Dr. Kukla on 2/4/19 is interviewed on National Broadcast Radio FM (NBRFM) regarding HLCC’s integrative behavioral practice:
- Voyage Chicago Magazine Interview’s Dr. Kukla and finds Healthy Living Counseling Center to be a hidden gem in the Chicagoland area: http://voyagechicago.com/interview/meet-healthy-living-counseling-center-palatine/
- “Some symptoms can feel embarrassing to talk about. But when it comes to a treatable sexual condition known as vaginismus, education and open discussion are key.”
Vaginismus: What It Is and How It Can Be Treated
- “Do you worry about saying the wrong thing if someone you care about tells you they were raped? Here are five reactions best avoided if someone discloses to you.”
How Not to React When Survivors of Sexual Trauma Disclose
- “Surviving cancer doesn’t necessarily mean it’s behind you. Many survivors experience posttraumatic stress and other issues as an emotional “tsunami” hits.”
Life After Cancer: The Emotional TSUNAMI of Being a Survivor
- “Sexual assault is a common source of posttraumatic stress, particularly for women. Use the BRAVE communication model to support a survivor who confides in you.” (June 19, 2017)
Breaking the Silence: 5 Ways to Support Survivors of Sexual Violence
- “Can’t find the time for exercise, meditation, or yoga? Incorporate these mini-mental health workouts into your day to help keep your stress under control.” (May 15, 2017)
5 Mini-Mental Health Workouts You Can Do in a Matter of Minutes
- Dr. Kukla’s Suburban Woman Magazine blog about trauma recovery published on December 8th, 2014.
Soaring In The Wake Of Trauma
- Dr. Kukla contributes to Daily Herald Barry Rozner’s sports column on November 5th, 2015 about sexual violence in the sports industry and rape culture.
Rozner: No winner in Patrick Kane saga
- HLCC promotes healing for survivors of sexual trauma by partnering with Angela Rose PAVE founder and Erin Merryn of Erin’s Law to organize the Empowerment Summit in April 2016. See the Empowerment Summit interview on the local news show, “You & Me This Morning.”
- ABC’s Chicago news anchor Stacey Baca interviews Angela Rose founder of PAVE & Andrea Metcalf national fitness expert on 4/16/16 about teaming up with Healthy Living Counseling Center to launch the Empowerment Summit.
Summit and Concert to Inspire Action
- Daily Herald’s journalist, Jamie Sotonoff interviews Dr. Kukla on 4/29/16 about the Empowerment Summit.
Sexual violence awareness at the core of Empowerment Summit in Palatine
- Good Day Chicago Interview’s Angela Rose founder of PAVE & Andrea Metcalf on 4/15/16 about the Empowerment Summit.
Summit aims to empower women, connect with resources
- Healthy Living Counseling Center helped organize Haley Reinhart’s Better Benefit Concert to raise money for the nonprofit PAVE. See and hear Haley rock Durty Nellies in Palatine with her parents’ band playing along side of her on 4/30/16.