On this page you will find links to Dr. Kukla’s articles that have been published in GoodTherapy.org and other sites regarding mental health concerns. In addition, there are links to several media segments and interviews regarding HLCC’s efforts to team up with PAVE to fight sexual violence through our innovative Empowerment Summit and Haley Reinhart’s Benefit Concert.
- “Sexual assault is a common source of posttraumatic stress, particularly for women. Use the BRAVE communication model to support a survivor who confides in you.” (June 19, 2017)
- “Can’t find the time for exercise, meditation, or yoga? Incorporate these mini-mental health workouts into your day to help keep your stress under control.” (May 15, 2017)
- Dr. Kukla’s Suburban Woman Magazine blog about trauma recovery published on December 8th, 2014.
- Dr. Kukla contributes to Daily Herald Barry Rozner’s sports column on November 5th, 2015 about sexual violence in the sports industry and rape culture.
- HLCC promotes healing for survivors of sexual trauma by partnering with Angela Rose PAVE founder and Erin Merryn of Erin’s Law to organize the Empowerment Summit in April 2016. See the Empowerment Summit interview on the local news show, “You & Me This Morning.”
- ABC’s Chicago news anchor Stacey Baca interviews Angela Rose founder of PAVE & Andrea Metcalf national fitness expert on 4/16/16 about teaming up with Healthy Living Counseling Center to launch the Empowerment Summit.
- Daily Herald’s journalist, Jamie Sotonoff interviews Dr. Kukla on 4/29/16 about the Empowerment Summit.
- Good Day Chicago Interview’s Angela Rose founder of PAVE & Andrea Metcalf on 4/15/16 about the Empowerment Summit.
- Healthy Living Counseling Center helped organize Haley Reinhart’s Better Benefit Concert to raise money for the nonprofit PAVE. See and hear Haley rock Durty Nellies in Palatine with her parents’ band playing along side of her on 4/30/16.